Creating calendar bookings in Sonido Software is quick, and it provides the foundation of organization and daily task management within your studio.
To create a new calendar booking, open the Calendar from the main menu and select "Bookings". Within the Bookings page, select the "+ Create New Booking" button in the top corner or simply select an open time on the calendar view. The calendar booking creation dialog will appear.
The following will explain the fields associated with the calendar booking:
- Title - You may enter a title for the calendar booking. (required)
- Association? - You may toggle the association field to "Yes" if you want to associate the event with a Lead, Contact, Company, Band/Group or Project, or you can leave the toggle as "No" if the booking is to remain unassociated (a general event, such as for meetings, time off, etc).
- Associate With Type - You may select the association type from the picklist. This picklist includes Lead, Contact, Company, Band/Group or Project.
- Associate With - You may select the contact association related to the Associate With Type field. For example, if you selected to associate the event with a Project in the Associate With Type field, you'll need to select the appropriate project from this list.
- All Day Booking - You may toggle the all day booking to "Yes" if you wish to block the entire day with the calendar booking. Otherwise, the toggle defaults to "No", which allows you to specify the booking times.
- Booking Starts At - You may select a booking start date and time from the date and time picker.
- Booking Ends At - You may select a booking end date and time from the date and time picker.
- Reminder - You may select a reminder timing using the picklist. A notification will appear in your Sonido account at the interval you set for the reminder.
- Assigned User - You may select a user from the picklist to assign the booking. By default this displays your user name. More than one user may be assigned to a session.
- Booking Role - You may specify what the Assigned User's role is in the session, such as an Engineer, an Assistant, a Producer, etc.
- Room - You may select a room for the booking using the picklist. (The Sonido Professional Package includes the ability to create multiple rooms for bookings; the Sonido Project and Starter Packages include a single room) (required)
- Event Type - You may select an event type for the booking using the picklist. The event type options include Preparation, Recording, Editing, Mixing, and more. (required)
- Project Songs - If the Association on the booking is set for a Project, the Project Songs field will appear in the dialog. This allows you to assign any existing songs that have been created on the project to the session. You can also create new songs from this location as well, an added convenience so you don't have to leave the page to create them.
- Description - You may enter a thorough description relating to the event in the text area.
Once all necessary calendar booking details have been populated, you may select the "Save" button to save the booking. The calendar event will immediately display on your calendar.
Please sign in to leave a comment.