Creating calendar bookings in Sonido Software is quick, and it provides the foundation of organization and daily task management within your studio.
To create a new calendar booking, open the Calendar from the main menu and select "Bookings". Within the Bookings page, select the "+ Create New Booking" button in the top corner or simply select an open time on the calendar view. The calendar booking creation dialog will appear.
The following will explain the fields associated with the calendar booking:
Title - You may enter a title for the calendar booking. (required)
- Association? - You may toggle the association field to "Yes" if you want to associate the event with a Lead, Contact, Company, Artist/Group or Project, or you can leave the toggle as "No" if the booking is to remain unassociated (a general event, such as for meetings, time off, etc).
- Associate With Type - You may select the association type from the picklist. This picklist includes Lead, Contact, Company, Artist/Group or Project.
- Associate With - You may select the contact association related to the Associate With Type field. For example, if you selected to associate the event with a Project in the Associate With Type field, you'll need to select the appropriate project from this list.
- All Day Booking - You may toggle the all day booking to "Yes" if you wish to block the entire day with the calendar booking. Otherwise, the toggle defaults to "No", which allows you to specify the booking times.
- Booking Starts At - You may select a booking start date and time from the date and time picker.
- Booking Ends At - You may select a booking end date and time from the date and time picker.
- Recurring Booking? - You may set up a booking as a recurring booking to repeat on a specified schedule. By toggling the Recurring Booking? field to "Yes", you will then see the following options:
- Repeat Every - this option allows you to specify a repeat schedule based on the interval you select. For example, if you use the default of "1", and your interval is "Weeks", then the booking will repeat every 1 week; if you change the repeat to a "2", then the booking will repeat every 2 weeks (skip a week).
- Repeat Interval - You can select the interval of the repeat from a list of options including Days, Months, Weeks or Years.
- End Repeat By - You can select when you want the repeat interval to end by either Occurrences or by a Date.
- Number of Occurrences/End Date - This field label will vary depending on what was selected in the previous field. You will either specify the number of occurrences in the recurring schedule, or you will specify the final date for the recurring schedule.
- Guest(s) - The Guests field allows you to specify any Guests that will be assigned to the booking. These are typically outside contacts that are not internal users. By selecting the Guests field, you can select from a list of Contacts within your Sonido account, or you can type and email address (does not have to be an existing Contact in your account). These Guests can receive email notifications related to the booking, as well as reminder messages.
- Assigned User - You may select a user from the picklist to assign the booking. By default this displays your user name. More than one user may be assigned to a session.
- Booking Role - You may specify what the Assigned User's role is in the session, such as an Engineer, an Assistant, a Producer, etc.
- Assigned User Reminder - You may select a reminder timing using the picklist. A notification will appear in your Sonido account at the interval you set for the reminder.
- Room - You may select a room for the booking using the picklist. (The Sonido Professional Package includes the ability to create multiple rooms for bookings; the Sonido Project and Starter Packages include a single room) (required)
- Event Type - You may select an event type for the booking using the picklist. The event type options include Preparation, Recording, Editing, Mixing, and more. (required)
- Project Songs - If the Association on the booking is set for a Project, the Project Songs field will appear in the dialog. This allows you to assign any existing songs that have been created on the project to the session. You can also create new songs from this location as well, an added convenience so you don't have to leave the page to create them.
- Description - You may enter a thorough description relating to the event in the text area.
Custom Fields - If you have any Custom Fields created for Bookings, the Custom Fields section will display the fields where you may populate additional details.
To Dos - You may create a To Do to be connected to the Calendar booking.
- Booking Notification & Reminder - By toggling the "Booking Notification & Reminder" message to "Yes", Sonido will send an email to any of the Guests that are assigned to the booking with a confirmation message that includes all details of the calendar booking. These Guests will also receive a reminder message by email 24-hours prior to the booking start time (if the booking is created with less than 24-hours before the booking start time, no reminder message will be sent). This booking notification also includes convenient links that allow your client to save the calendar booking to their local calendar.
Once all necessary calendar booking details have been populated, you may select the "Save" button to save the booking. The calendar event will immediately display on your calendar.